News and notes from around the interweb:
- New US and UK-based IHG Rewards members earn a free night: worth up to 40,000 points when joining in June or July and completing two stays by September 6. The free night certificate will take 2-6 weeks to deposit and will be valid for 120 days.
- Cathay Pacific using a ‘party flight’ to induce vaccination
- Nevada eliminates surge pricing ban for rideshare in order to reduce delays getting cars Surge pricing bans are also drive wage caps, meaning fewer people take trips.
- Le Grand Contrôle hotel is housed in a building built in 1681 by Louis XIV’s favourite architect on the grounds of the Palace of Versailles
- Qantas staff use ‘wheel whackers’ to scare off rattlesnakes drawn to A380s parked in California desert
- Thai Airways, in preparation of the re-opening just of Phuket to tourism, will offer non-stops between Phuket and Europe.
THAI is reintroducing direct flight from 5 cities in Europe; Zurich Paris Copenhagen Frankfurt and London to Phuket where vaccinated passengers can explore the paradise without a 14-day quarantine. Start from 2 July 2021. #ThaiAirways #iFlyTHAI #AmazingPhuketGetaway#Reconnect pic.twitter.com/FaQSYtdoZY
— Thai Airways (@ThaiAirways) June 3, 2021