News and notes from around the interweb:
- Wut Surely this is fake news?
- A new coach seat lets airlines avoid giving passengers in the exit row so much legroom
Well, now there's a way to trim exit row legroom and maintain egress ratings. @recaro_as has a design where the smaller pan has a flip up for support when seated, then it auto flips out of the way when you stand up. Allows max capacity seating. #paxex #aix2023 pic.twitter.com/slyDG7hMPV
— Seth Miller (@WandrMe) June 5, 2023
- Air Canada plans to launch a ‘book the cook’ option for business class not just pre-ordering what would be provisioned on the flight anyway.
- Angry United Pilot Calls Out SFO ATC Over Go Arounds
- Hotel projects are having trouble getting funded. Not this one, though: hotel that looks like a poop emoji (WSJ, HT: @crucker)
- New Riyadh Air livery, apparently one of two, though some are wondering how well this will work in the desert heat.
We are delighted to unveil the first of two #RiyadhAir livery designs, a perfect blend of cutting-edge technology and timeless elegance.
— Riyadh Air (@RiyadhAir) June 4, 2023