News and notes from around the interweb:
- Conroe Hyatt is a financial disaster city building a hotel that private developers won’t ending badly surprises no one. The city was forced to allocate $5 million for operation of the $107 million project that they forgot to budget.
Now they are projecting an operating ‘profit’ of around $6,000 or $217,000 (both numbers reported) that assumes doubling of occupancy at higher room rates, but leaving nothing to cover debt service on that $107 million. City-owned hotels are an invitation to shenanigans.
On the other hand, if the CIA needs a black site for rendition with nobody around, the Conroe Hyatt seems to fit the bill.
- The soft bigotry of low expectations.
@AmericanAir has stepped up their game in the Admirals Club lounges to start off October. Huge shout out to the MCO team during the 4am rush. On one hand I want to tell everyone how great they are- on the other I want it to be a secret to avoid those jumping from other airlines… pic.twitter.com/DxzlW0hqoM
— ProScubaCoach (@ProScubaCoach) October 2, 2023
- Please don’t transfer Cathay Pacific Asia Miles to Marriott Bonvoy at 2:1
- Air France KLM promo awards for October are coach-only for long haul.
- At least she’s not flying Delta, which owns an oil refinery?
Ok, who is volunteering to tell her? pic.twitter.com/ZVZUUxqMnS
— Speedbird Julie ✈️❤️⛸️ (@JSS779) October 1, 2023
- New frequent flyer program from Australian carrier Rex which is a Delta partner, will include reciprocal benefits and redemptions with Delta.
- Naked passenger makes music, throws chair in airport
- What’s happening at closed Berlin Tegel airport
- Pilots in India face perfume ban out of fear they could test positive in breathalyzers.
- Son Carrying His Mom Onto Airplane— ‘I Carried My Son For 9 Months And Today He Is Carrying Me’