News and notes from around the interweb:
- No notice: Marriott eliminates 10% bonus on transfers to United, increases bonus on 60,000 point transfers
- Etihad’s new award chart eliminating redemption sweet spots
- Qatar Airways CEO offers to tell Lufthansa all the mistakes they made with their new business class
- JetBlue becoming less flexible with travel credits the government did say in their anti-trust lawsuit that they prefer the Spirit Airlines business model, so… No notice change, natch.
- A man on a Southwest Airlines flight watched one too many Andrew Tate videos, it seems, and declares he’s willing to go to jail for his family after a man apparently accidentally bumped into his wife in the aisle. And that’s why this happened:
Thank you for flying with southwest today. I was late getting home because of this right here 🤣 pic.twitter.com/6e9qEthBwh
— Desert Honey’s Sweet Tees (@dhsweettees) March 7, 2023
- Do better, Lufthansa Group.
Needless to say, Eurowings objects. But it'll have half the penalty suspended and the DOT doesn't care that a relief crew was delayed by weather or security lines. Also, how does it take a crew 90 minutes to clear security at FLL?
Full filing: https://t.co/fGuYEHJRuS.
— Seth Miller (@WandrMe) March 8, 2023