News and notes from around the interweb:
- 5 predictions for airline loyalty in 2020 from the former head of a program.
- A new version of the Qatar Airways QSuite will debut on the airline’s Boeing 787-9. Apparently the aircraft is ready, the seat is not. The narrower fuselage required a seat redesign, but CEO Akbar al-Baker is on record in the past saying he doesn’t want a narrower seat.
- International airline trade association IATA is calling for subsidies for Cathay Pacific. Cathay Pacific, by the way, is 9.6% owned by Qatar Airways. Paging Ed Bastian.
- Equifax data breach: it was so easy to hack the credit reporting agency because they used ‘admin’ for both the username and password. That’s the kind of combination an idiot would have on their luggage. (HT: Miles to Memories)
— Jane Lytvynenko 🤦🏽♀️🤦🏽♀️🤦🏽♀️ (@JaneLytv) October 18, 2019
- 25% bonus transferring American Express Membership Rewards to JetBlue through December 21. (HT: Points Express)