News and notes from around the interweb:
- When Airbnb was cheap it made sense. You need it in places where hotels aren’t available. And renting a home makes sense for big families and groups staying together. But it hasn’t come close to replacing the hotel experience, even when the hotel experience isn’t a great one.
Decided to stay in a Holiday Inn instead of an Airbnb for an overnight trip and strongly feel, one hour after check-in, that there has never been a more luxurious experience in all of human history
— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) January 7, 2023
- I’d love to know the story behind this car tire-as-checked luggage.
— Hunter Smith (@huntergsmith88) January 10, 2023
- Reminds me of the bar in the first class section of Cathay Pacific’s The Pier lounge in Hong Kong. And makes me like Disney more.
NEW: Concept art for the previously announced Din Tai Fung restaurant, which will open on the west side of Downtown Disney at Disneyland “in the future,” Disneyland confirms. pic.twitter.com/YACjgq3h5a
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) January 10, 2023
- I often dunk on American Airlines catering, but this chicken with baked potato was pretty good. Dessert was a small vanilla Häagen-Dazs container served separately.
- Experian made it easy to bypass security checks to view credit reports
- So glad to see the A380’s return.
LATEST UPDATE ON LUFTHANSA FLEET
4 Airbus A380's to be back in service by Oct 2023 initially flying to Chicago & Los Angeles
No more than 10 Airbus A346's will return to service, as they have used the remaining ones for spares & parts#aviation
— M Zulqarnain B (@MZulqarnainBut1) January 9, 2023
- The man who invented aircraft leasing