News notes from around the interweb:
- Flying may be good for the environment after all (NYT) tourism is key for economic growth in many depressed areas – which is necessary for people to prioritize the environment over just getting by through any means possible. It also focuses the world on places where preservation is necessary.
- Sneaky ways hotels limit award availability
- Which version of first class does Singapore Airlines fly on each route? Useful if you’re trying to chase their new A380 suites.
- No matter your politics or views on Customs and Border Protection, this seems like a pretty cool job.
- Both Hyatt and also Hilton have bonuses for bookings through WeChat.
- Did a Brooklyn artist unleash bed bugs on a Trump hotel? (HT: Meg Butler)
- Quit picking on the people of Guam: United wants the US government to limit codesharing on Philippine carriers to Guam in a tit-for-tat over United’s inability to get the slots its wants in Manila. Anything that makes air service more viable for the people of Guam is a good thing and there’s no reason to tie the two issues together.