News and notes from around the interweb:
- The American Airlines pilots of the New York JFK – London flight which nearly taxied into a Delta 737 that was taking off refused to give a statement to the NTSB, according to a preliminary report by the agency. NTSB will have to subpoena the pilots.
The American Airlines pilot union is defending the decision of the pilots not to speak to the NTSB, which is absurd. The next time a pilot union tells you they’re just interested in safety rather than being self-interested in advocating rules maybe do not believe them.
- Uber really did become Expedia when they hired Expedia’s CEO, didn’t they?
Uber's new Ad campaign at SFO was clearly written by someone who has never been to San Francisco. Not only do they refer to several places incorrectly they even used a picture of Sausilito to describe the Marina. https://t.co/mvTiTLcRLH pic.twitter.com/zIc68cCPmJ
— (((BrokeAssStuart))) (@BrokeAssStuart) February 9, 2023
- About anti-money laundering compliance at banks
- Houston would-be robber runs out the door after hotel clerk pulls handgun: ‘I ain’t playing with you’
- Man sues Embassy Suites Napa Valley after contracting Legionnaires’ disease
- Alaska Airlines regional markets Superbowl ads