New and notes from around the interweb:
- JetBlue plans to fly to London… eventually. They’ll fly from New York and Boston using A321LR aircraft presumably in 2021, and they still don’t know which London airport they’ll use, in fact they might split up their operation across multiple airports. Slots at the better airports, especially at desirable times, are tough to come by and expensive after all.
- 35% off Amtrak book by September 9 for travel from October 1, 2019 to February 2, 2020. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- 10% off Etihad base fares for American Express customers book by September 14. (HT: Point Me to the Plane)
- Duty free shops losing millions of dollars at the Atlanta airport (HT: Ryan)
- Regional carrier Mesa ordering up to 100 Mitsubishi regional jets and expects to operate them for major US airlines.
Jonathan Ornstein, Chairman and CEO of Mesa Air Group, stated “The US mainline carriers are looking for an aircraft that will allow them to provide a consistent premium passenger experience from their regional to their long-haul fleets. With its large cabin, comfort, new technology and low operating costs, the Mitsubishi SpaceJet M100 can deliver this premium experience within US scope clauses.”
- Paul Manafort, credit card rewards hound? (HT: Doctor of Credit)
Weirdest video of the day:
Paul Manafort and his wife, Kathleen, appeared on the 90s Nickelodeon show 'What Would You Do?'
During a segment for "heaviest purse," Marc Summers has Manafort's wallet and pulls out 3 AmEx cards, 9 VISA cards, and another credit card. (via Reddit) pic.twitter.com/J0M41YxbBA
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) September 3, 2019