News and notes from around the interweb:
- King Fahd International Airport in Dammam, Saudi Arabia is bigger than all of Singapore
- Google suspending accounts is a good reminder that you can download a backup of all your Google data which just seems like a good idea, but most of you still won’t do it.
- 15 of the world’s most beautiful train stations
- Singapore Airlines special Teochew menu
- Cockroach found in passenger’s meal on Air India flight to Chicago. While everyone will criticize Air India meals this is hardly anything new. When Air India finds rats onboard they still serve passengers their meals.
- First class passengers booed when an American Airlines pilot asked passengers to stay seated after a late arrival in Phoenix so the family of a soldier killed in Afghanistan could make their connection to meet their son’s arriving body. In perhaps a first, the pilot of their connecting flight to Philadelphia waited D0 be damned. I have to think the flight attendant announcement here was unclear.