News and notes from around the interweb:
- Prince Harry eschewed British Airways again, flying American Airlines to London
- Although it’s making the rounds now, it turns out this isn’t a new video. Somehow Racist Burger King Man didn’t get banned from American Airlines back in October, and returned to a New York JFK – Fort Lauderdale flight in the spring.
Eh he’s back again pic.twitter.com/Sijzr5ePCQ
— Robert mugabe (@Zak_Arif6) June 24, 2021
- Corporate mergers rarely work out the way they’re supposed to. Alaska Airlines was acquiring gates and slots in hard to get into airports when they bought Virgin America…
It's official, @AlaskaAir is pulling out of JFK-LAX. Minor increases in San Diego and Portland frequency, but not a full replacement on slots. Anyone working at @united tonight? Might want to give the Eskimo a ring…
— Brett Snyder (@crankyflier) June 25, 2021
- Sad. But y’all know how American Airlines feels about seat back entertainment screens.
The view from @AmericanAir ‘s most prestigious domestic 3-cabin First Class product (one way is more than $1,500).
They couldn’t even comp a WiFi pass for the broken IFE so I spent $22 to post this 😂 pic.twitter.com/PeFzTkmIUh
— Dave Grossman ✈️ MilesTalk / YourBestCreditCards (@MilesTalk) June 26, 2021
- Man arrested after assaulting two TSA screeners while screaming “I want my plane to Iraq!”
- People are finally speaking out against the ban on travel to the U.S. from Europe, though where’s the outrage that the China travel ban fails to ‘follow the science’? Regardless, claiming that the ban ‘once made sense’ is far too generous because the Europe ban came too late to matter, and the CDC wasn’t prepared to manage it or the other bans anyway when they were implemented.