News and notes from around the interweb:
- Donate $5 and earn $8 worth of Hilton points if you link your Lyft account to Hilton you can earn 2000 Hilton points for a $5 or higher donation to Lyft rides for folks who need access to a vaccine by May 31. I value 2000 Hilton points at $8.
- American’s $10 billion financing backed by the AAdvantage program received $30 billion in bids. (Financial Times) The loyalty program was appraised last year as worth between $18 billion and $30 billion.
- Safety concerns with escalators, elevators, and moving walkways at Miami’s airport
- Serial airline stowaway explains how she does it
- DC complains FAA airport noise rules aren’t strict enough as part of complaining that planes now fly closer to the District around National airport, but come on they used to fly quite close prior to 9/11.
- The New York LaGuardia AirTran project to Willets Point: It may not be any good, but it was the easiest option.
- United restores buy on board service to more routes and introduces new snack boxes
- The Air Force has to re-engineer part of its own Stealth Bomber somebody must have lost the plans…