News notes from around the interweb:
- As they prepare to furlough workers, American Airlines’ wholly-owned subsidiary Envoy Air is holding an fleet service clerk open house hiring event on Saturday. What??
- Akbar being Akbar
- How much cash are airlines really burning through, and how long might their liquidity last?
- United will begin mailing copies of Hemispheres magazine to MileagePlus elites to keep the valuable circulation up and retain relevance to advertisers.
- CEO of Wizz Air sees the pandemic as a huge opportunity taking advantage of the weakness of other airlines. They’re even considering ordering new planes. As a low cost carrier they’re built well
- American Airlines flight attendants continue complaining that employees based outside the U.S. don’t have to lose their jobs first. By pitting one set of employees against each other, the hand of the company is strengthened vis-a-vis the union.
Moreover the way furloughs and bases are being handled is consistent with the contracts the flight attendants’ union negotiated, they are complaining about their own deal.
- Newark terminal one’s renovation progress