News and notes from around the interweb:
- Get paid $20 – $50 for taking a vaccine selfie
- Status challenges are too complicated. There are better ways to make sure loyalty programs aren’t wasting costly elite benefits on those who aren’t really eligible or won’t move their business. A good status match customer experience is crucial to win loyalty.
Having worked with some of the largest airline brands in the world on status match strategy & management of their campaigns… here's a broad level concept of status match vs status challenge outputs: pic.twitter.com/PUT35qXNW0
— Mark (@drdoot) March 27, 2021
- We just did a $1.9 trillion ‘stimulus’ when about $25 billion could have re-opened world trade and tourism, boosting global GDP.
The biggest question for the world is whether the wealthier nations will put up the estimated $25 billion needed to jump-start a global vaccination campaign in a (relatively) timely manner. So far it appears that they will not — again, a supply-side issue. There did not seem to be much interest in putting such an expenditure into the American Rescue Plan, even though the resulting resumption of trade and migration would undoubtedly have benefited the U.S. by far more than $25 billion.
- I am not a fan of the Wine Insiders Amex Offer because I don’t like most of the wine they’re selling and because there are so many gotchas, but Stephen Pepper lays out how to get 7 bottles of wine for 43 cents plus tax each by stacking. I still don’t like the terms of this offer though.
- This is all sorts of wrong.
— Rico Love (@IamRicoLove) March 28, 2021