News and notes from around the interweb:
- Dallas Love Field considers building a second entrance there’s only one way in for the public!
- TSA Prohibited Items Week yes – let’s celebrate all the things you cannot do!
- Delta is only considering furloughing pilots (not coincidentally, their only unionized group) but won’t do so October 1 when they’re permitted under terms of the CARES Act bailout they took. They’er putting it off until November 1 to give more time to work with the union on mitigation measures.
October 1 isn’t a real deadline and that’s something American’s President Robert Isom effectively told employees last week too, suggesting that – contractual provisions to work through notwithstanding – even if they furlough workers then (by choice!) they’ll bring them back and pay them if a second bailout comes through.
- EU Is Investing In Africa ATC Upgrade
- Air Force Two bird strike, and Mike Pence is on the case!
Vice President Mike Pence inspects an engine on Air Force 2 after the plane hit birds moments after leaving Manchester Regional Airport. The VP is now en route to Washington on a cargo plane. pic.twitter.com/LFf0umSCGZ
— Sam Sweeney (@SweeneyABC) September 23, 2020
- You can now pre-reserve a spot at what historically has been the worst TSA checkpoint in America.
With nearly an hour drive to the airport (depending on traffic), unknown wait times for a parking shuttle, unknown wait time for checking in at my airline, how am I supposed to pick a 15-minute window more than a day ahead of time?
— Paul VanderBorgt (@pborgt) September 19, 2020