News and notes from around the interweb:
- Lufthansa Group will start requiring lounge guests to be on the same flight as the person sponsoring them starting May 22. No more guesting in work colleagues traveling to a different destination.
- Rumored to be the new Singapore Airlines first class concept for their Boeing 777X
- Qantas wants to reduce cabin crew from 5 to 4 on Sydney – Melbourne flights they are only required to have 4 for safety but the 5th was on board to help expedite meal service on the sub-500 mile flight.
- An argument against serving alcohol at events
- 200 Israeli tourists were stuck in the Dubai airport overnight, unable to enter the UAE because the country ‘changed its visa rules’ while they were inflight. It’s not entirely clear what changed or why, but after senior diplomatic interventions they were allowed to apply for e-visas.