News and notes from around the interweb:
- Week-over-week TSA checkpoint traffic down 191,072. Ech of the last 7 days had fewer people traveling than the week prior, yet total travelers held steady at 36% of prior year travel even as U.S. reported Covid-19 cases rose. (TSA checkpoint throughpoint has been our best daily proxy for actual passengers traveling, though it is not directly measuring only passengers.)
- The American Express Centurion lounge in Miami re-opened today with reduced 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. hours.
- This is officially the dumbest airline recovery idea yet: require people marrying a non-citizen to take extra flights to subsidize airlines. Anti-immigrant group wants to eliminate the K-1 visa, so they frame it as airline relief. I suppose it’s not that different from framing CARES Act airline subsidies as ‘payroll support’. (HT: Dan R.)
- How Kristen Bell travels during the pandemic
- Someone left $40,000 worth of jewelry in a Dallas Fort-Worth airport restroom, and the person who found it returned it.
Someone's Friday is off to a great start!
We're happy to confirm that the person who left more than $40K in jewelry behind in one of our restrooms has been reunited with their belongings.
— DFW Airport (@DFWAirport) October 23, 2020