News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bahamas waives Covid testing for vaccinated travelers starting May 1 and they’ll accept CDC cards as proof
- 60 Years of fashion, styles, and attitudes of celebrities as they pass through airports
- A United aicraft diverted to the Midway Atoll.
— Brian Sumers (@BrianSumers) April 24, 2021
- Is Sara Nelson literally wrong about everything? She wants to ban lap infants on planes – requiring even babies to have tickets for a separate seat – in the name of safety. But planes are incredibly safe, there just isn’t harm regularly coming to babies traveling without a separate seat.
In fact flying is much safer than driving. If the extra cost of the required ticket causes a family to drive instead of fly, Ms. Nelson would make that baby less safe. Overall there would be more road deaths. This is known as statistical murder.
- Intercontinental lets you extend Ambassador membership for six months for free once per lifetime if you’ve been a member for two years, three months for a one year member. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- Green Africa Airways finally takes delivery of its first aircraft
- Radisson Rewards may be devaluing but you can book a 2-bedroom suite at the Radisson Blu Aruba for 70,000 points