News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s your word against theirs, and ‘law enforcement’ never lie: Passenger says he was jailed because a TSA agent falsely claimed he made a bomb threat when all he wanted to do is complain about poor treatment at the checkpoint.
- Singapore Airlines spends over $5 million a year on business class champagne and serves over 35,000 tins of caviar.
- Colorado plane crash blamed on pilot taking a selfie.
- Ritz-Carlton returns to Bali with a just-opened property in Nusa Dua. There’s also a Ritz-Carlton Reserve property coming soon.
- Eight months ago there were real questions about the future of Thai tourism stemming from the country’s military coup. It seems those questions have been answered: Thailand tourism is up 16% year-over-year.
- Alitalia is offering 4000 miles for joining. Alitalia’s program, not merely its miles, expire at the end of 2015.