News and notes from around the interweb:
- Club1 Hotels is a new site offering wholesale hotel rates. It’s normally paid membership but for a limited time they’re giving free one year memberships if you sign up now. And they’re giving away $500 in hotel credit to a reader of this blog. With far fewer entries than usual so far, odds are good, so enter.
- oneworld airline air berlin plans to cut its fleet by ~ 45% to 70 planes and laying off 1000 workers by the end of the year.
- The new Trump lifestyle hotel brand being launched finally has a name. In fact, it’s avoiding calling itself Trump. Instead it will be called Scion.
I wonder, then, about the value of Trump’s brand — and my investment in a copy of his board game.
- 100 free Hilton points for joining ThanksAgain – earlier this year I interviewed the ThanksAgain CEO and it’s a fascinating business model.
- 25 free Hertz points for registering for their new promo (HT: Dan’s Deals)
- The agony of LAX and what’s being done about it