News and notes from around the interweb:
- Resort fees are fraud when your hotel looks out at a Carl’s Jr., a 7-11, and a traffic jam
- American Airlines to flight attendants: stop locking the electronic window shades, and let passengers control them.
AA: two updates to FA's, electronic window-shades and concept-D IFE screens.
The window-shade thing has been subject of intense debate on forums over the years. pic.twitter.com/QnAHLDqzeI
— ˜”*° JonNYC °*”˜ (@xJonNYC) May 28, 2021
- NFL star’s Rolls Royce stolen from Atlanta airport parking lot
- Marriott Courtyard evacuated after employee
science experience wentmixed the pool chemicals wrong.
[A] hotel worker was mixing chemicals for the pool and made a miscalculation, causing a vapor cloud.
That person was taken to the hospital to be treated for respiratory issues. A second employee that was treated at the hotel refused further treatment at the hospital.
The hotel was evacuated until the Marion County Health Department determined it was safe for everyone to return.
- Man tears through 3 hotel room walls trying to get away from police
- New York State bans single use hotel toiletries starting in 2024 the industry lobbied for – not against – this, and don’t expect hotels to offer full-sized toiletries instead. There will be more shared, wall-mounted toiletries coming. Gross.