News and notes from around the interweb:
- Not everyone likes the AAdvantage elite status changes, and I’m dying… (some NSFW language)
- One million reviews submitted to Tripadvisor last year were fake
- TIL: Modern barf bags date to 1949 and the predecessor to Northwest Airlines.
Previously bags had been made from waxed paper or card. Modern bags are still mainly made from plastic-lined paper, but a significant proportion are now made completely from plastic.
- Air India officially sold to Tata Group
- Lawmaker barred from Allegiant flight on anniversary trip after pushing TSA screener’s hand away during pat down
- Senator Kyrsten Sinema confronted at Washington National airport. Liberal anger at Senators Sinema and Manchin seems odd to me. If you want to advance the Democrats’ agenda, you should want more Senators like Sinema and Manchin, not fewer… more moderate Democrats electable in swing states which provides for a bigger margin where no one moderate is the crucial vote. Those frustrated with passing this agenda are faced with the realities of a razor-thin majority in both houses of Congress, and the median voter theorem.
— People’s Watch (@Peoples_Watch_) October 25, 2021