News and notes from around the interweb:
- Starting today unvaccinated United Airlines employees, with medical or religious exemption, go on forced unpaid leave
- Singapore Airlines business class amenity kits are now ‘on request’ only still available for the asking. Singapore only recently introduced amenity kits in business, versus just stocking amenities.
- Not the Onion on resort fees (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Up to 20,000 status points for transferring miles into Etihad Guest
- The containers Cathay Pacific crew are being forced to quarantine in Hong Kong is Mainland China now.
- Hyatt sold Exhale spas during the pandemic, and that means the end of earning and redemption. I get that this was part of their wellness play, and lifestyle branding matters, but I never much valued the partnership to begin with.
World of Hyatt members will no longer be able to earn and redeem points for in-studio fitness classes and spa therapies or enjoy certain tier benefits at participating Exhale locations beginning January 1, 2022. This also means World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will no longer be able to earn 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at participating Exhale locations beginning January 1, 2022.
In addition, Exhale On-Demand in-room streaming video content will no longer be available for guests starting January 1, 2022.