News notes from around the interweb:
- The UK’s British Airways bailout
- Texas Ranger statue at Dallas Love Field removed because of racist incidents inn the law enforcement agency’s past.
- Alaska Airlines doesn’t appear to be showing Japan Airlines first class award space until within 301 days of departure
- United says they can’t afford the more generous severance packages being offered by Delta and Southwest the stuff about prior year profit margin and about balance sheets is a distraction, United cut earlier and deeper than competitors and takes a different view towards employees. Can’t afford is always and everywhere about tradeoffs and priorities.
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club eliminates junk ‘award redemption fee’
- Qualified immunity needs to end for TSA, too
- Air India pilots are training India’s Air Force to fly Boeing 777s as the country’s ‘Air Force Ones’. With plans to privatize Air India, the flag carrier will no longer operate VIP jets for top officials.