News and notes from around the interweb:n
- Membership Rewards is ending transfers to Starwood Preferred Guest, will return August 18th with 1:1 transfers into Marriott Rewards
- An Air Canada passenger is suing Dennis Quaid claiming the actor vaped on a Toronto – Los Angeles flight. I’m not exactly sure what damages could possibly be at issue. Vaping isn’t allowed onboard out of fear other passengers might think the person is smoking. But it’s water vapor. Seems to me there’d be a better case against Conrad Hilton.
- 10th Anniversary of the Emirates A380: The first Emirates A380 flight was August 1, 2008 to New York.
- Great data on average flight distance and fare by airport along with analysis of low cost carriers.
- Disabled travelers sue DOT under the Air Carrier Access Act for accessible lavatories on single aisle aircraft
- DFW airport terminal E satellite which will house new American Airlines regional jet gates is getting a Whataburger.