News and notes from around the interweb:
- Citi ThankYou Rewards transfer to Qatar Airways with a 20% bonus through November 2 (Doha time). (HT: MilesTalk) That’s great because redemptions for Qatar Airways flights entail no fuel surcharges and there are great sweet spots like 70,000 miles each way in business class, New York to Doha, or 85,000 miles each way New York – Doha – Maldives.
QSuites Business Class, Credit: Qatar Airways
- A flight attendant taking real care of a customer
- Passenger claiming to have an explosive on board never ends well but what terrorist would bother with a Republic Embraer regional jet?
— Breaking Aviation News & Videos (@aviationbrk) October 9, 2021
- People still working to get hotel deposits back from events cancelled by government order due tot he pandemic
- Many of the U.S. airline startups that failed since deregulation, and what went wrong
- Are we seriously doing this again? (HT: Johnny Jet)