News and notes from around the interweb:
- The oldest planes still in commercial service there’s a Boeing 737 that’s been flying for over 47 years!
- Air India will continue to fly the Boeing 747
- FAA reveals surprising threat to airline safety, military GPS tests
- United will outsource catering operations it has currently done in-house
United said it has selected three suppliers to operate the airline’s five kitchens and oversee menu design and administration.
The airline’s staff were informed of the decision in a memo reviewed by Reuters. Employees in good standing would be offered a job at one of the future suppliers and about 70% would continue to have union representation, according to the memo.
- How coronavirus infects cells, and what’s unique about the Delta variant
- Owner of abandoned Holiday Inn in court for not tearing the property down