News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why do restaurants serve free bread? Of course in Italy you may pay coperto so the bread isn’t free.
- The challenge Europe faces opening up travel to vaccinated Americans foreigners would get more rights than Europeans, who lag in vaccination. In other words it’s a political problem, not a public health one. It’s not just slow European bureaucracy causing delay here, waiting months allows Europe to narrow the gap.
- When Uber drivers don’t like the trip or fare they’re cancelling by claiming the passenger wasn’t wearing a mask. Lyft drivers are doing it, too:
I was at a vaccine site getting my shot. Believe me face coverings were required and I was wearing one. Your driver never saw me!
— Marshall Jackson (@MJonTravel) April 14, 2021
- Qantas expects to bring all its A380s back into service but not before 2024.
- If Democrats currently in power legalize marijuana at the federal level then Uber will get into the pot delivery game. Presumably monthly Amex credits could be used for grass, but new Marriott-earning wouldn’t automatically extend to hotel ganja delivery.
- Several passengers from the United Denver – Honolulu flight which lost an engine are suing the airline for post-traumatic stress disorder.
UPDATE / VIDEO: Footage from on-board United #UA328 which suffered an engine failure after take-off from Denver en-route to Honolulu (Boeing 777-200 N772UA) earlier, dropping parts on a residential area. Flight returned to DEN. No injuries being reported.
— Airport Webcams (@AirportWebcams) February 20, 2021