News and notes from around the interweb:
- Mitsubishi is terminating development of its regional jet progam $7.5 billion down the tubes.
- Spirit Airlines basically took its branding from Singapore Airlines low cost carrier subsidiary Scoot. Now Cathay Pacific is calling out Singapore Airlines for its new brand campaign calling it a knockoff of their 2015 effort. Though, honestly, I don’t see it.
- Let’s be careful out there.
- Omni Hotels investing to become a luxury brand (Skift) but also a big convention brand for its big hotels, which isn’t really consistent with luxury. And they left GHA Discovery, so have a smaller independent loyalty program.
- Do better, Delta.
@joliief Look how nasty these air vents are, This was my flight from Newark to Detroit. Delta you got to do better #delta #travel #cleaning ♬ original sound – John Oliver Frederick
- How to get another passenger’s feet off your armrest.
@thewandertog Tell me YOUR weirdest flight story 🥲 #feet #americanairlines ♬ Elevator Music – Bohoman