News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Express is offering a 40% bonus on Membership Rewards transfers to Hilton (transfer ratio becomes 1:2.8) through August 31. This is not usually a good deal.
- Broom: “Not suitable for flying” (blame product liability lawyers I guess. Then again if you did use it to fly…)
- Dunkin’ Donuts free coffee Mondays and free donut Fridays for DD Perks members in August. This was my high school dream.
- The ‘Cactus’ call sign has been re-assigned. It was the America West call sign and then ‘US Airways West’ because management failed to ever integrate America West and US Airways into a single carrier before merging with American.
The callsign Cactus, which belonged to America West and then US Airways, has been reassigned to Southwest Aircraft Charter pic.twitter.com/x0RmvA5lo7
— Ethan Klapper (@ethanklapper) August 2, 2020
- Remembering the doctor who identified the victims of TWA 800
- Singapore Airlines pay cuts plus everyone whose pay was cut before digs deeper still.