News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines co-brand cardholders can register to receive a 400 mile rebate on each of up to 4 award redemptions made by May 14 for flights taken in June and July.
- Rapid at-home tests are now acceptable for returning to the U.S. so you can pack one in your suitcase and take it with you. Of course unapproved medical devices and treatments for the country you’re traveling to may not be permitted there.
- Seeing this USA Today headline teasing an explainer on ‘how planes take off’ I was hoping for a little more than “The airplane accelerates until a point where the air flowing over the wing can create enough lift that exceeds the weight of the airplane and it begins to climb.”
And I thought, this explains to so much better:
- My talk, with Brett Snyder (Cranky Flier), on best airfare deals and how to handle travel today for Wendy Perrin. (The close-up video is because I’m on the balcony at the Alila Encinitas while my daughter was napping, trying to avoid being washed out by the light.)
- You can’t redeem American AAdvantage miles from the U.S. to Khartoum, Sudan as a single award