News and notes from around the interweb:
- American Airlines request for proposals to manage concessions at New York JFK terminal 8. In 2019, with a very quiet American Airlines terminal, total sales were $107.4 million across 21 food and beverage, 3 duty free, 12 specialty retail, 4 currency exchange and 8 travel essential outlets. The only one I’d be sad to lose is the Bobby Van’s Steakhouse which participates in Priority Pass. Proposals are due November 30 with the contract set to begin April 2022 and run through December 2036.
- Capital One is offering a 33% bonus on all miles transferred to British Airways through August 31, 2021. This means points (earned on Venture at 2 per $1 spent) transfer 1:1 during this promotion.
- The Fierce Legal Battle at the Heart of the Fight Over Reclining Airline Seats (HT: William B.)
- Some Chase customers could see account information of others who had similar “personal information” during the May – July period.
- Turkish Miles & Smiles will give you 5% of the miles you redeem in elite qualifying miles, up to 5000 qualifying miles, for awards ticketed by September 15 and travel through December 31, 2021. It’s not quite Delta counting award travel for status through end of 2022 or Virgin Atlantic doing so permanently
- The Honolulu Admirals Club finally re-opened yesterday. All domestic Admirals Clubs considered to be closed have been promised to be opened by end of month.