News and notes from around the interweb:
- Trump supporter nearly kicked off United flight
- For everyone that’s emailed me since last weekend about American AAdvantage being unable to book awards on Iberia (agents would see the space but it would come back unconfirmed) the issue appears to be fixed (thanks to my award booking team member Ceca for the heads up.
- Free 1250 La Quinta points for linking Visa card
- Double and triple Delta miles for Starwood stays
- Back in March American confidently announced Los Angeles – Beijing service. The Department of Transportation has issued a tentative ruling awarding the slot to American over Delta which already flies to Beijing from Seattle. (Their stated argument is that this decision is pro-competitive because each of Delta, United, and American will have one service to Beijing from the West Coast.)
The competitive analysis though seems incomplete without looking to the service to Beijing from Chinese airlines, and over connecting cities like Tokyo and Seoul.
Hence it seems more subtext (albeit perfectly reasonable subtext) for ‘we gave Delta what it wanted with the Haneda award, so…’
- Etihad’s A320 with lie flat seats
- Donald Trump’s election party will be held at the Hilton New York (why not Trump Tower, the Trump International Hotel, or Trump SoHo?).
Jeff M. points out that this hotel is perhaps most famous as where John Lennon wrote the lyrics to Imagine, or at a minimum he wrote the lyrics on Hilton New York stationary.