News and notes from around the interweb:
- The brand new Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones come out in just a month.
- The new San Francisco Alaska Airlines lounge is now open in the old Admirals Club space.
Credit: Alaska Airlines
- Chase has apparently closed all of the accounts of General Michael Flynn, who spent he first 22 days of the Trump administration as National Security Advisor before… the bank cites “possible reputational risk” in continuing to do business with him.
- The decline of Pittsburgh as an aviation hub it was always a bit of an accidental hub to begin with, and 20 years ago it lacked the local passenger travel it needed to sustain flights. And it was a high cost airport. So US Airways walked away through its bankruptcies in the early 2000s.
Planes Parked in Pittsburgh – March 2020, Credit: American Airlines
- Why flying sucks so much lately
- Reporter stays with Taliban fighters as they enter Kabul airport hangar
— Nabih (@nabihbulos) August 30, 2021
.@etihad chief exec Tony Douglas doubles down on decision to abandon the A380: "The reality is that anything with more than two engines simply doesn't work, it hasn't done for nearly a generation now." Continues: "It is not even close to being competitive."
— Jonathan Robins (@jrobinsuk) August 31, 2021