News notes from around the interweb:
- China may block Cathay Pacific from merging the Cathay Dragon brand into mainline as punishment for sympathetic employees and insufficiently pliant management during last summers pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, that forced out the airline’s chief executive.
- Airlines are selling flights they have no intention of operating
- Hong Kong Airport will begin allowing transit passengers ago June 1.
- TSA is planning to contract for ideas to help it change screening to be more like self checkout at a supermarket. However this will probably all come together after the pandemic has passed. They “plan to make awards in late fiscal 2020 or early fiscal 2021.”
- President Trump’s second ex-wife flies for Memorial Day weekend.