News and notes from around the interweb:
- According to the head of the TSA, mugshots will become mandatory for travel. TSA will require that passengers submit to photos at the airport each time they fly, and then compare those photos against the ones on file from their IDs.
And “passengers can also choose to opt out of certain screening processes if they are uncomfortable, for now. Eventually, biometrics won’t be optional.” (Emphasis mine.)
- United Airlines menu update.
— 🇺🇦 JonNYC 🇺🇦 (@xJonNYC) March 15, 2023
- Got Brexed? I found this ad on Twitter hilarious.
- The ‘basket of deplorables’ fleet of legacy US Airways Airbus A320s strikes again.
— Alex Rinker (@ItsRinker) March 15, 2023
- While I find the Department of Justice case against the JetBlue acquisition of Spirit Airlines unpersuasive as a matter of anti-trust, perhaps their best argument is that the CEOs of American and United favor it.
- A passenger died of a heart attack while flying American Airlines after the carrier allegedly failed to keep the equipment properly maintained. The defibrillator battery died.
- United keeps recognizing customer milestones in person.
Congratulations to Ms. Sandoval on her 2 Million Mile flight! We were so lucky to have one of our regional managers @GBieloszabski with us to celebrate DFW style! @espresso613 @united @DFWAirport #millionmiler #southernhospitality #goodleadstheway pic.twitter.com/katNfK1uwr
— Corrine (Cori) Hayes (@corimonalulu) March 16, 2023