News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby mocks State Department travel warnings and he’s absolutely correct.
- Two tourists ordered to leave Bali after mask prank
A U.S.-based YouTuber and a Russian influencer were ordered off Indonesia’s resort island of Bali on Friday after recording themselves defying mandatory mask-wearing with some imaginative makeup.
Clips of the video created by Josh Paler Lin and Leia Se and posted two weeks ago show the two duping supermarket guards with a painted surgical mask after they were refused entry because Se was unmasked.
- Hawaiian Airlines card has 70,000 mile bonus offer after $2000 in purchases within 90 days, $99 annual fee. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- JetBlue’s creepy new inflight entertainment.
Just going to note that I would really prefer if the seatback IFE didn't display my name in huge letters for my seatmates to read.
Going to guess this was not designed by a woman who's had a man try to spend the entire flight talking to her when she just wants to work. https://t.co/euYoEFRld5
— wendy knox everette (@wendyck) April 26, 2021
- My links for elevated Delta co-brand offers reverted to lower initial bonuses (no more 90,000 SkyMiles). The Points Guy says they exclusively still have links that offer these bigger bonuses, but that’s not quite correct because the personal card offers are still available by referral, and there’s now a better targeted offer still.
- London City airport’s new remote digital air traffic control tower. (HT: @rakeshlobster)