News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to successfully use American Express Plenti points to pay at Macys.com I need to do this before my 4700 points start to expire end of year (and before the program itself ‘expires’…).
- United has completely overcome bad publicity from the David Dao incident. My view is that the industry as a whole has a bad rep and customers assume they’re all alike.
- The world’s ultimate hotel fails
- More scrutiny over potential nefarious dealings by Chinese conglomerate HNA Group which among other things owns Hainan Airlines and is the largest shareholder of Hilton.
- Why planes are boarded from the left side
- A passenger attacked airport staff at Nanning Wuxu International Airport in Guangxi, China last week after missing a flight. He was fined ~ US$30. (HT: Secret Flying)