News notes from around the interweb:
- After spending nearly $10 billion buying back its own stock over 5 years between 2014 and 2019, United Airlines is planning to offer 39.25 million new shares.
Yesterday’s close was $27.88. They’re pricing at $26.50 per share. That would raise about $1 billion. Shares peaked while they were doing buybacks a year and a half ago at $96.70 Buy high, sell low!
- Ugh, are we going to have to clean our luggage after trips now?
- Frequent flyer survey data from 27,000 travelers on what they expect from travel.
- Gogo furloughs 60% of workforce, applies for government bailout
- The metaphysics of travel.
Ultimate 2020 travel philosophy:
If Berlin-Brandenburg finally opens in October and there are no flights and no passengers to use it, has it really opened?
— Joe Brancatelli (@joesentme) April 21, 2020