News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines had said they would put 16 first class seats on their retrofitted Airbus A320s, however they may be sticking with 12 seats – because their flight attendants union balked at a single flight attendant working the cabin, and United wouldn’t pay for a second one.
It's 12F on these. Some are leaving room for it to be changed to 16F at some point and some point to the issue being FA staffing of F having been the determiner and an explanation as to why UA stated, pretty unequivocally, 16F, and then reversed course on that.
— 🇺🇦 JonNYC 🇺🇦 (@xJonNYC) June 1, 2023
- Meanwhile United Airlines spends its nights dreaming about political leaders. Aviation is one of the most highly regulated industries, U.S. airlines have been subsidized since birth, and we partially nationalized them during the pandemic. So, not surprising really.
— United Airlines (@united) June 2, 2023
- Place lockers at airport gates? People go to their gates and anchor. It’s why OTG puts iPads at gates and delivers food. Concessionaires should pay for lockers because people will roam more and buy snacks. Sadly, the ‘if your stuff isn’t with you it must be dangerous’ crowd will likely trump good sense.
there should be lockers at airport gates so you can go to the bathroom without bringing all your stuff. Should I go on shark tank
— Ashley Gold (@ashleyrgold) June 2, 2023
- Entitled parent takes a man’s seat, demands he pay to upgrade her if he wants her to move, then claims he must be a child molester to want his seat which is next to her kids.
- Drunk, Memorial Day, New Orleans and…
“I’m so confused what’s happening”
“Yeah well we’re not” pic.twitter.com/DpFDckay8l
— chris evans (@notcapnamerica) June 2, 2023
- Renovated Singapore Airlines lounge in Hong Kong expected to open by late summer