News notes from around the interweb:
- United Airlines flight attendants union: full pay to the last day, protecting the most senior flight attendants at the expense of the jobs of junior members. Brilliant move of Kirby to split the flight attendants this way.
United Flight Attendants Campaigning in Union Election Outside San Francisco United Club
- New Uber ‘Hourly’ feature
- Air India flight turned around because the pilot had COVID-19
- Emirates gives 14 days’ notice laying off 192 pilots during their probationary period ‘as a gesture of good will’
Emirates Boeing 777 cockpit
- 5000 bonus Hilton points for new members 2000 points after first stay, 3000 after second stay, within 6 months of joining. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- Alaska allows COVID-19 testing (within 72 hours of departure or on arrival) to replace 14 day quarantines for arriving passengers.
- MegaBus resumes DC travel June 1 I’ve been pro-travel but this is a step too far for me.