News and notes from around the interweb:
- Merrill Lynch Visa Signature 50,000 point signup offer still available
- Borgata Hotel & Casino joins MGM M life Rewards June 7
- Airport security can be awkward for scientists like the time TSA “found a Scientist’s 3-D-Printed Mouse Penis”
- 1Password adds a ‘travel mode’ to remove key items from your phone while you’re crossing the border (HT: Paul H.)
- United is apologizing after falsely accusing a man of molesting his 5 year old son during a flight.
Henry Amador-Batten of Durham said he was detained at RDU on Friday, May 19, after a member of the flight crew accused him of placing his hand and arm “too close to the ‘child’s genitals.’” At the time, Amador-Batten was traveling with his husband, Joel Amador-Batten, and their son Ben, aged 5.
- UBS is introducing a Visa Infinite card to compete in the premium rewards space (HT: @IadIsGr8)
- “Helsinki Airport adds a Star Trek touch with holographic tech”
- A United flight from Newark to San Francisco was evacuated onto the tarmac in Newark after an engine caught fire. There were 3 minor injuries after passengers went down the slide.
— Lo Toney (@lo_toney) May 24, 2017