News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Scott McCartney writes in the Wall Street Journal that United has squeezed its seat pitch down to 30 inches (ouch) on some aircraft, although they claim slimline seats – which I find uncomfortable – create an extra 1.8 inches of legroom. United has also eliminated a lavatory in its new 737-900 configuration, increasing the number of coach passengers per lavatory by about 70%.
- Turns out the cause of the flooded Qantas A380 was the cleaning mops.
- Next time you see TSA in line for a coffee… consider that DHS employees charged over $30,000 at Starbucks on their government purchasing cards. (HT: Tocqueville)
- New American Airlines routes launching in May: New York JFK – Birmingham and Edinburgh in the UK and Miami – Frankfurt. They’re also launching a second Los Angeles – London flight at the end of March.
- Celebrating KLM’s 95 Years.