News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott no longer lets you book an award using points advance if you have enough points in your account. In practice I’m not sure this change matters at all. There’s no limit to the number of points advance bookings you can make once you deplete your points (and indeed you could deplete your points, make points advance bookings, and then cancel those first redemptions).
- 15 years of Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer devaluations
- 250 free Voila Hotel Rewards points for completing a survey
- United President Scott Kirby is repeating the Oscar Munoz claptrap about customers being unhappy before they ever board the airline, it’s not really United’s fault that you’re unhappy on board!
They’re already tense, they’re stressed, trying to get through security, trying to get to the airport on time, figure out where to park their cars, you know, all that stuff. And then they get here and what doesn’t make sense to them feels like a set of black and white rules, that we’re this big company that just doesn’t care.
- Why Boeing built the 737 MAX.
- Video of the new British Airways business class lounge at JFK. Remember that Gold elites (and oenworld emeralds) use the first class lounge, and that they will not be in this terminal long.
View this post on Instagram
Ouch 😳 yesterday in Miami. We are pretty sure our maintenance guys the best in the business took care of this. #americanairlines #americanairlines #usairways #boeing #777 #aircraftmechanic #aircraftmaintenance #techops #fleetserviceclerk #aviation #aviationdaily #aviationphotography #kmia #miami #florida