News notes from around the interweb:
- Are status match offers beneficial to airlines?
- Four potential buyers short-listed to take over Virgin Australia for everyone’s sake I hope it’s not Bill Franke’s Indigo Partners that’s chosen. Franke is best known for America West, Frontier, and Wizz Air.
- Wasn’t it just last month I told you that pilots are still waging the United Airlines 1985 strike?
— ALPA (@WeAreALPA) May 17, 2020
- In March Air Tahiti Nui set a record for world’s longest commercial airline flight with a non-stop Papeete, Tahiti to Paris Charles de Gaulle. French Bee has beaten that record flying Papeete, Tahiti to Paris Orly which is 8 miles farther. These are both domestic flights!
- United will limit employee nonrev travel to prevent crowding on flights.
- Remember when Arne Sorenson said resort fees are good for you?
Everyone: “Las Vegas won’t be the same!”
— Vital Vegas (@VitalVegas) May 16, 2020