News notes from around the interweb:
- 25% bonus transferring Hyatt points to American not a good deal given the base transfer rate but a way for American to get Hyatt to give it money while neither has much cashflow. (HT: Deals We Like)
- Lufthansa pilots offer 45% pay cuts in exchange for no layoffs
- One tranche of Norwegian’s bondholders have rejected a debt-for-equity swap needed to save the airline. With just weeks of cash left, a revote has been scheduled for May 18.
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- No matter how few people are traveling there will still be fights on planes (Spirit, natch.)
One passenger was taken off the plane but was not arrested, said Des Moines police Sgt. Paul Parizek.
“It appears that he was the victim of the assault but initiated the dispute on the flight,” Parizek said. “It started because he wanted to sleep and he protested other people, including a flight attendant, talking too loudly.”
Parizek said Des Moines police did not have jurisdiction in the case because the fight occurred over Nebraska.
- States increasingly pocketing unused gift card money most of it goes to Delaware.
- This is incredible footage (but there’s no such thing as a 787-800)
Qatar Airways Boeing 787-800 (A7-BCT) was caught in a violent storm w gusts up to 61 knots whilst parking at Doha Intl AP (OTHH) and pushed around impacting its neighbor, an A350-900 (Poss A7-ALJ) causing damage to both aircraft. pic.twitter.com/D29ckPPiYS
— JACDEC (@JacdecNew) May 1, 2020
- Watch: Passenger Get Kicked Off A Flight For Coughing. This was from March, not sure how I missed it. Likely paranoia on this United flight, now everyone would be wearing masks.