News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest Airlines double elite qualifying points from time of registration through November 30.
- Trump Hotel DC near a deal to be sold (HT: @crucker)
Trump would sell the leasing rights to a real estate developer, who in turn would negotiate with hotel companies that would manage the property and rebrand it.
- The new British Airways low cost subsidiary at London Gatwick supposedly won’t seem different to passengers and achieve low costs purely through lower crew pay (the cynic would point out that BA already offers a highly densified product on Europe routes, with business class offering less legroom than Ryanair).
- Be careful with those golf carts! In the American Airlines terminal of the Miami airport apparently a bag fell on the gas pedal of a golf cart, and the cart “slammed into the wall at full speed” injuring several people including someone “run over by the vehicle”
- Kabul airport returns to commercial air service.
- Traveler plans to visit 50 countries using only bitcoin.