News and notes from around the interweb:
- Odd FBI ads in Russian at New York JFK airport
- Wait, Air India has allowed passengers to drink their own alcohol they buy at duty free until now?
Air India is to ban passengers from drinking their own alcohol during international flights that they have bought at airport Duty Free stores in a bid to reduce disruptive behaviour following a spate of unruly passenger incidents.
The drinking ban is part of a new alcohol policy that has been rushed in following the now-infamous ‘pee-gate’ incident in which a drunken Business Class passenger urinated over an elderly passenger.
- I saw this and my first thought was ‘they’re bringing back the 747?’ And then I thought, ‘well with the U.K.’s decline I guess their version of Queen of the Sky would be just an A330′.
Honouring Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 👑
We’ve named our newest aircraft in honour of her late majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. Our @Airbus A330neo will have the name ‘Queen of the Skies’ with royal registration G-VEII, in tribute to the late monarch. pic.twitter.com/FyVMu7L94K
— virginatlantic (@VirginAtlantic) January 23, 2023
- Orlando airport plans for a new on-property hotel “in a vacant field across from the Terminal C parking garage with access from both the air terminal and the future Brightline high-speed rail station” (HT: J.R.)
- Economists are still right about airline deregulation
- Their Southwest Airlines flight took off, and they’re complaining about the snacks?
Back in November, i flew @SouthwestAir with my 5yo. I opened her snack pack to find a plastic knob in it. Despite giving my information to the ✈️ attendant and submitting a case online, SWA has still not responded. Glad I was paying attention and this didn’t end up in her mouth pic.twitter.com/3cMDy1SDqc
— Hausfrau (@Reali_Tea) January 24, 2023