News and notes from around the interweb:
- Do better, United States
To get an appointment for a Visitor Visa in New Delhi, for example, takes 291 days. In Mexico City the wait time is 581 days. In Nairobi, Kenya it takes 664 days! Moreover, “It should be noted that the “Wait Times for a Nonimmigrant Visa to be Processed” information by country does not include time required for administrative processing.”
- The long saga of a man placed on the terror watchlist while abroad, unable to return home to the U.S. The government tried to use his status to pressure him to become an FBI informant but he refused. He was tortured in the U.A.E. and his wife divorced him, thinking they would never see each other again.
Now, in order to avoid judicial review of its decisions, he’s off the no fly list – and litigation is over whether that makes his claims against the government moot.
- There’s only one thing that can ruin the best seat on a Southwest plane
When people have no respect on a plane whose job is it to say something @SouthwestAir? Wish someone on the crew would have corrected this, hell I had my bag on my lap bc of her lack of respect! #selfish #rude #noclass #norespect #entitledpeople pic.twitter.com/VRiLjTkkwR
— Innocent people don't ignore subpoenas! (@CollinsMarkWA) June 5, 2022
- Ryanair requires 15 question knowledge test for passengers with South African passports to fly to the U.K. to combat fraudulent passports.
- It’s trays down once again as U.S. airlines restore meal service
- When US airlines cared about proper food and beverage presentation the way airlines like Singapore does
- JetBlue raised the breakup fee in its offer for Spirit Airlines (HT: @crucker)
- New single aisle aircraft premium cabin seat offers ‘greater comfort in the same space’ this isn’t a flat bed, it is efficient comfort.