News and notes from around the interweb:
- Have to pass the time somehow.
- A woman said a stranger drove her family from Seattle to Vancouver so they could make their cruise after Air Canada canceled their flight
@okjust1more #aircanada where you at!? #seattleairport @Air Canada ♬ original sound – Chelsea Smith
- Why Goodfellas doesn’t show the Lufthansa heist
- The Driskill has been part of Hyatt since 2013. They sold the property to Woodbine Development for $125 million in May.
The Driskill Hotel in Austin at the time it was completed in 1886. It still stands and it is glorious. This was taken from the southeast corner of 6th Street and Brazos. Courtesy the wonderful Austin History Center via the Portal to Texas History. pic.twitter.com/1E5uX6aN55
— Traces of Texas (@TracesofTexas) August 14, 2022
- Airplane mode.
- Has Kona Airport Finally Arrived? With Modernization Upgrades Complete, Director Still Envisions More how about some air conditioned indoor spaces besides the small restaurants and gift shops at each end of the airport?
- Man in custody after Canberra airport shooting Australia is lauded around the world for gun control but did you know there are more guns there now than before those laws went into effect? (HT: K.P.)
OK yes, apparently gunfire. We are all outside now and police are questioning people about what they saw and heard. They’re checking inside the terminal to make sure it is OK. pic.twitter.com/Dlgwcrr54D
— Louise Milligan (@Milliganreports) August 14, 2022